Contact Directions prior to domestic or international travel
Your Directions VISA credit card and debit card will work anywhere in the world that accepts VISA. But before you go, please let us know!
If we detect unusual activity on your account, it alerts our fraud department. If you’ve only ever used your debit card in Toledo, and a charge shows up somewhere else in the world, it could be a signal to freeze your account. By letting us know your travel plans, we can ensure that you have access to your funds when you need them, wherever you may be. If you're planning to use your Directions CU Debit or Credit Card while traveling, please provide us with the following information so we can note it to your account:
- All states and countries you'll be visiting
- Dates of your travel
- Phone number we can most easily reach you to verify transactions during your travel
Complete and submit our secure Travel Notification Form
Call the Card Services Department during normal business hours – 1-888-508-2228.
- Carry more than one form of payment such as a debit card, credit card and cash.
- Verify your cards do not expire during your travel dates. Contact us to receive a new card at least two weeks before your trip.
- Know your PIN. Use your PIN whenever possible when making purchases.
- Monitor your account transactions online while you’re away.
- Ensure your checking account has sufficient funds. Many ATMs do not offer the option of withdrawing money from savings accounts.
- Ask Directions about your purchasing limits so you can plan accordingly. To help protect against fraud, daily ATM and purchase limits are placed on your card.
- Carry your card issuer(s) phone numbers in case you run into problems using your card while traveling.
- Contact us if you have any questions about how to access your money while traveling.