Fraud and Scams
Protecting yourself and your private information from scammers is crucial in today’s world. If you suspect that your private banking information has been compromised, visit your nearest branch or call 888-508-2228 immediately.
Jennifer Segura, the Director of Fraud & Research Support at Directions Credit Union, helps to walk you through how to better protect yourself against fraud.
More Fraud Prevention Tips
- Resist the urge to act immediately - if someone is pressuring you to make a decision, it is likely a scam
- Stop and talk to someone you trust, whether it is a family member, friend, or your financial institution
- Block unwanted calls, text messages, and emails
- If someone pressures you to pay in a particular way, such as money wiring or through cryptocurrency, it is likely a scam
- Protect your personal information as you would with cash and other valuables
24/7 VISA Debit and Credit Card Fraud Assistance
- Permanently block your cards through Online Banking: Log in to your online banking account. Select the “Cards” tab. Hover over the card you want to block and select the “permanently block card” button.
- Lock and report lost or stolen cards with Directions CU Card App: Directions CU Card App gives you the power to report a card lost or stolen and immediately turn it off right from your phone.
VISA Credit Card Only
- To report a lost or stolen VISA credit card, please call 1-800-325-3678 or 1-800-991-4961.
- VISA credit card balance hotline: 1-800-237-6211