Start rebuilding your credit with Directions
Directions believes people who have damaged credit scores due to financial hardships deserve a second chance. Get the second chance you deserve with the Back on Track program.
Why is a better credit score important?
With improved credit, you have the ability to obtain lower interest rates on loans, which equates to saving thousands of dollars over the life of any future loans. Additionally, you could:
- Save money on your auto and home insurance
- Increase your chances of securing a good paying job
- Have a better chance of setting up a new business
Credit Rebuilder Loan
The Credit Rebuilder Loan program helps you establish or re-establish your credit when other typical means are not available. It is not just a loan, but a program that gets you back on the right track toward meeting your long-term goals, while at the same time helping you save money. Regardless of your credit score or history, you will be granted a loan at a fair and fixed interest rate.
Features of this loan:
No qualifications necessary, except a reliable source of income that supports your ability to repay
- $1,000 loan amount
- 12-month term
- Fixed rate of 9.00%
- Monthly payment of $87.76
- We will place the amount borrowed in a special interest earning account and we will place a hold on the funds until the loan is paid in full
- When loan is paid in full, you may choose to leave the funds in your interest earning account, or withdraw them to use as a down payment on a future loan, payoff debt, or for any other reason
- We report your repayment behaviors to the credit bureau
Secured Rewards VISA
If you’re currently unable to obtain approval for the traditional VISA credit card, our Secured Rewards VISA will provide you an alternative way to obtain a Directions VISA Credit Card.
You will use your money on deposit in a specific share account with Directions Credit Union to secure our Rewards VISA Credit Card.
Trinity Debt Management
- A nonprofit financial counseling organization
- Free access to financial education and counseling services
- Receive assistance with budgeting, personal money management, debt repayment, avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession