Security and Privacy
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at: 1-888-508-2228 or write to: Directions Credit Union – 200 N. St. Clair St. 1600 Toledo, Ohio 43604
Information we collect about you
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliate, Area Financial Services (CUSO).
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms—this may be obtained from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Directions Credit Union may engage in remarketing as part of our marketing efforts. Remarketing serves ads to audiences who have previously visited a website or landing page.
You have the choice to opt out of remarketing.
- Opt out of Google’s Ads Settings.
- If you don’t want Facebook to show you ads based on your activity on an advertiser’s websites or apps, opt-out here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
HOW DO WE USE REMARKETING FOR ONLINE ADVERTISING?
Directions Credit Union uses Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other Google services placing cookies on a browser across the Directions Credit Union website(s). Google’s placement of cookies helps us increase the website’s general effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by Google. You can opt out of Google tracking. To do so, please visit the Google Ad Settings page.
Directions Credit Union uses AdWords remarketing, sometimes called retargeting, to market our website(s) across the Internet. Through Google, a cookie is placed on a browser. Google then reads cookies and may present a Directions Credit Union ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of Google’s remarketing here (link). If concerned about 3rd party cookies presenting ads by Google and other ad networks, you can visit a broader opt out page at the Network Advertising Initiative.
- DCU may collect information on domain names, dates, and times of visits to DCU’s website. The information collected, will not include any personal identifiers. If the information is collected, it will only be used to record website visits to help assess the overall value of the website.
- With the exception of the usage described above, visitor information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- No cookies are required.
- DCU may use feedback information received by e-mail from visitors to respond to raffle entries, inquiries, comments, or suggestions.
- E-mail information is never sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
Should a child who we know to be under the age of 13 send personal information to DCU, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent or provide parental notice.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies, and securities broker-dealers
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, and plastic card processors
Directions Credit Union and its affiliate, Area Financial Services (CUSO), may also work closely to offer products and services to meet member needs. As a result, we may also share your nonpublic personal information with each other as permitted by law.